Monday, March 14, 2011

Today is acoustics day

Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice; from the movie Closer. Beautiful song by this beautifully talented artist. I've been playing this all weekend.

Never Think - Robert Pattinson; I will always be proud of RobPattz for being such an amazing folk singer. It's almost unbearable that he's so good at what he does. Such a powerful song. I couldn't believe it was his song at first, considering the Twilight handprints all over him. But then again, the Twilight saga has amazing soundtracks.

Le Ciel Dans Une Chambre - Carla Bruni; She is a French and Italian songwriter, married to the president of France. She writes such pretty songs. Beautiful. I first heard this song in Skins and immediately recognized her voice. You might know her from "Quelqu'un ma dit"


New Slang - The Shins; This is one of my Ipod's most played song as of lately. The Shins always hit that spot when I need them too. And they kind of remind me of the songs that my dad used to play for roadtrips. Back when we didn't care what music was playing and parents had the power over the radio.


World Spins Madly On - The Weepies; I just love this song. It got me one night. I put it on repeat and I just... I just started crying. It was ridiculous. It's just such a beautiful song. I can't even begin to express..

Lump Sum - Bon Iver; Of course I cannot go on with out mentioning Bon Iver. This is one of the songs I can play with out worrying that I'll want to die after with sadness. The most played Bon Iver song, but certainly not the most favorable. Because I love all of them.

Little Garcon - Born Ruffians; This is the sound of autumn 2010. Driving around. The weather getting colder. Easily lovable song.

The Center of the World - Bright Eyes; I have been neglecting Bright Eyes for months now. Here's to them.

I think that's good enough for now. I would share every single song I have in mind, but I would probably fill this shit up like it's nobody business.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)