Friday, August 6, 2010

The very few things about summer that make me sad


I wish I didn't prove myself right. I wish I was wrong. I wish this was easier, I wish we could just be the way we were. As amazing as this summer is, I miss last summer because I miss you. I miss having fun with you, and missing you when I don't see you for a few days. I miss when we could promise each other the world. When it was us against the world. I miss getting excited when we hear the ice cream truck, when we have best friends' night with my RV and Chen, when we adventured, just us. Just best friends. I miss last summer because of you. I miss when I was part of your happiness. When you wanted happiness with me. When you cared and tried a little more. When we couldn't go a day with out texting. When you used to call me just to tell me something trivial that happened to you, or when you felt sad at night, or when we even actually even greeted each other. When we used to be so proud to be each other's best friend..

I wish we weren't both so OK. It's like we never needed each other. Like all the fights were empty because it is what it is. I'm fine with out you like you're fine with out me. I wish we were both torn enough to try and make things work. To be best friends again. But I'm exhausted beyond words and like you said you'll never be the person you once were. And maybe one day it will be ok. But I'm not feeling optimistic tonight, just like every other night since we fell apart. But it's alright, because we're both alright.

It's just one of those nights. One of those nights when I allow myself to think about sad things. And I'm not bitter and I'm not shattered. But tonight, I just feel the sadness. The aftertaste of everything we dropped and left behind in the dust.

I can't even remember the last time we were happy together.. and that alone could keep me up at night...

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)