Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tuesday

Not too long ago, my family and I used to take one night each week to go to the mall specifically to eat at the food court. We'd order from where we'd order. Usually, Vage and I are Sbarro's, Ma and Pa are Hibachi San, and Blithe is Subway. When we're all ordered up, we'd put two tables together and we'd sit like it was our dinner table at home. Same seating arrangements and everything. Last Tuesday, we had one of those trips. And I'd really missed it.

I miss how we were always in good moods for those nights. How we'd joke around loudly, and laugh loudly, and the people eating around us would turn specifically to see what's all the ruckus at our table. And I could see the curiosity in their eyes, or even envy, admiration, or happiness. And I know that they're thinking we're all good together.


And the outside, it looked like this. It was so familiar. Blithe and Vage would both race to the car, while Ma and Pa would walk slowly together, huddled from the cold holdings hands. And of course, I'd be walking looking up at the sky.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)