Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dear ADF,

Thank you for being the one that has faith in me. Thank you for not questioning my potential, my drive, my passions, my ability to be.

I was thinking some things through. And the confidence I need resides within you. As the rest of the world truthfully discourages me, I come home to you telling me, "You've got this baby, you've got this." You know that... if I want to, if I want anything at all, that I can have it, that I can be it. I haven't got too many people believing in me. And I know that. Almost all my closest friends, the people that I surround myself with, and of course my family. I know that when I state the things I want to accomplish, they question me. I haven't achieved much in life. I haven't done very much at all with my life. The only thing that I've really got to be proud of are the people in my life. I haven't got the talents that ever showed the world my pure potential. I haven't worked enough for people to see me and to know that I really can do whatever I set my mind.

But it's nice to have you. To know that you're the person that lifts my spirits when they're at their lowest. Sometimes, it's just good to have someone argue with you when you insist that you're a pile of shit. And I know you know, behind my pretentious cocky facade, that I tremble because of my own criticisms and insecurities.

I'd just like to say... I make it through days because of you. Everyone needs that someone that knows that they aren't a pile of shit. And you're that someone. Because I know.. and I'm absolutely positive about this.. that no one else thinks I'm amazing the way you think I'm amazing. I'm just another face, another memory to everyone else.

But not to you.

God damn. I love you.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)