Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 01 - Favorite song

Favorite song? Doesn't even exist. But I'll name a few that always stand out to me at the moment.


o1. Disintegration - The Cure

Almost every Sunday evening I listen to this song. I'm sitting in the bat cave, I'm typing away on Blogger, the next day is Monday, so I play it. The first few times I realized I love this song, I kept wanting to cry. I don't know why. Maybe it was the season, or the circumstances.


"Oh I miss the kiss of treachery

The aching kiss before I feed

The stench of a love for a younger meat

And the sound that it makes

When it cuts in deep

The holding up on bended knees

The addiction of duplicities

As bit by bit it starts the need

To just let go

My party piece"


o2. Cats in Heat - The Honorary Title

The last song on the Anything Else but the Truth album. The best summer album we've ever had. I remember trying to listen to this song for the first time after summer ended. It was winter. One Sunday afternoon, laying in bed with my face down on the pillow. I felt a lump in my throat. And I let myself cry. And I remembered why I love summer.


"I'm filling in the empty spaces

Where you left your mark

In the soothing peace of car alarms and cats in heat

I can hear you breathe


on telling me that time is no enemy

A worthless struggle to step back

And reconceive..."


03. A Beautiful Mess - Jason Mraz
Probably wouldn't make my all time favorite songs like the first two, but a song that stands out at the moment nonetheless. Only because it's completely Ian and I. The first time we've ever heard it, well. It just stood out.

"You've got the best of both worlds
You're the kind of girl who can take down a man,
And lift him back up again
You are strong but you're needy,
Humble but you're greedy
And based on your body language,
And shoddy cursive I've been reading
Your style is quite selective,though your mind is rather reckless
Well I guess it just suggests that this is just what happiness is
Hey, what a beautiful mess this is
It's like picking up trash in dresses
Well it kind of hurts when the kind of words you write
Kind of turn themselves into knives
And don't mind my nerve you could call it fiction
But I like being submerged in your contradictions dear
'Cause here we are, here we are"

Maybe one more song.

04. People As Places As People - Modest Mouse
It's just a good song guys.

"It was not the intention
But we let it all go
Well it messed up the function
And sure fucked up the flow
I hardly have people that I needed to know
'Cause you're the people that I wanted to know
All this scrambling around
Hunting high and then low
Looking for the face love
Or somewhere to go
I hardly have places that I need to go
'Cause you're the places that I wanted to go"

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)