Thursday, September 18, 2008

Looking At You

Ex-Machina

"Overproduce me.. hoping for a dramatic change"
|
What are you suppose to say?

The phone rings some considerably late hour for my stingy eyes. I adjust my voice and language, and listen in.
I couldn't see this time.

The struggles in your structure hadn't sunk in to me till I was late, as always. Awkwardly standing face to face, glancing away and back. Away and back again.

All I did was look and concern.

When he'd bent his head down and broke away to what I'd thought he refused to reveal, I followed him right down.

What are you suppose to say when you're as helpless and more, as him?

I sat in the pained position I recognized, and cooed at the cement, trickling the helplessness.

I remembered him saying, "I shouldn't be worrying about this right now..."
I read the creases on his face, the breaking of his voice. He asked me over and over, and I knew he never meant to ask me.

We sat what seemed like the longest of minutes, swallowing what wasn't in the days prior to today. The silence just drags, and I knew he didn't expect anyone to say anything.

Because what are you suppose to say?

I watched him away, dreading it now like he does. I could only imagine what could be going through him.

Roads shook the aggravation of burning rubber, my heart thumping up a beat I hadn't expected. I don't know why I imagined his face then. He hadn't expected it either.

Maybe you're not suppose to say anything.

So I didn't.
_

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)