Sunday, September 21, 2008

Avoiding Work

Miracle Sun

"We don't wanna be left alone, no"
|
I keep thinking about everybody. Someone new every few moments, always someone unexpected. I don't know who I fell asleep to last night. But it wasn't who I usually fell asleep to. This is something.

I'm probably reaching some new phase. These weekends for myself always changes a few millimeters, every now and then. But they seem the longest, giving me enough and more time to think through absentmindedly. I guess I have homework to do.

Samuel Langhorne Clemens, also known as the American humorist and writer, Mark Twain.

How interesting, Twain is said to be the victim of "love at first sight". With the modernized way of living we seem to be in, it's hard to believe in love at first sights. But who am I to judge whether it was that easy then? There's just so much corruption of everything now.

I'm debating whether or not it's as blissful as it sounds. The perfect example, Romeo and Juliet. I remember reading the story my Freshman year and being so aggravated and annoyed. How can two people be so stupid and selfish? Every action, every decision, they just wreaked havoc all through Verona. I thought it was a sap story, and I never understood the impacts it made. Maybe this is just me being bitter, but what a selfish story! Romeo was in love with Rosaline before meeting Juliet, supposedly. How can so many things change with just one glance? And in the end, suicide was the last of the options.
SIGH.
Sometimes I understand the rashness and irresponsibility. This is the thing we call romance, right? The concept MCR wrote about and The Cure, and I loved them. When loving someone so much... it just concludes you to insanity. And insanity can be portrayed in so many ways. In these old-fashioned cases, bloodshed is part of it. Sometimes, it's marriage. Hence Bella and Edward.

It's one of those times when I realize just how bitter I've gotten. Even the best of the romantics pisses me off. Aha, that makes me laugh a nervous laugh in my head. And it just gets me sad...

Whatever, so I lack some romance now. That used to be all I was about. But now, I don't even look for it. I don't ask for it. The past gets you scared, I guess. When everything leaves, how can you have enough energy to go through it again?

I never was great at admitting it. I just end up asking myself the same thing.

So, what now?
_

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)