Monday, April 14, 2014

mardy slam

let's have a beer.

let's shotgun the first, belch for ten minutes after, then sit the fuck down.

i feel like arguing. i feel like inappropriately raising my voice.

my state of being argumentative can be described (by my self) as unbearable. when i am in my state of being argumentative, it ultimately means i am confident. i am unstoppable. i am out for heads and i will claim them. because otherwise, i would never open my mouth in the first place. i'd be present simply for the pleasure of slipping my clever sidebar comments. never argue for the sake of argument (but also never take my advice, ever). i'm not manipulative, but i feel strongly about my ability to manipulate. so strongly that i am villainously referring to my debating as manipulation. i don't sign up for debates if i don't think i can even remotely sway the opposing party. fortunately, i have a tremendous grip on defeat. if i can't deliver better than my challenger, then i understand to graciously accept that i couldn't persuade better than they. humorously give the finger, then shake hands. i can't say i've never been sore about a defeat, because i'm obviously not perfect (is that obvious though?) it just means that i'm pissed at myself for not prevailing. the thing about arguments is that rights and wrongs go completely out of the window. arguments become about who can deliver their point better. (if i were to become a lawyer, i'd be the crooked kind, OBVIOUSLY). i could be supporting a very wrong statement/law/belief but still find a way to win a debate through skillful tactics and an impeccable conviction. the rules of arguments just means be smart and be compelling. most of the people i know are the same way. i know a lot of argumentative people. the people closest to me are all as unbearable as i am. my father raised me to stick to my guns and aim at heads as exquisitely as i can. so when i'm in, my god i am in deep. 

ps. i have mad respect for people whom i find better than i am at arguments. 

pps. the amount of confidence i have today for even publishing this entry is beyond me. 

stay tuned for my self-deprecation to return. 

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)