Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bloodshot

My eyes won't recover from being so bloodshot. Before my mental health day, I woke up with bright red eyes. Like satan and I have been playing the staring contest all night. The people that just assumed I had been crying, I'd told them that Adrian broke up with me. And I spend the whole night crying. He didn't like that very much, but it was so funny. Others thought I was stoned, and my being a spaz just didn't help my case.

Two days later and my eyes are so slowly getting better. Sleep deprivation only adds more red, and the sniffles is making my eyes water. But yesterday was good.

Spontaneous ideas are always my favorite. After my mental health day, I decided that taking the night out would be amazing. So I gathered Jabe and Fox and with the fresh company of Jacon, we drove me out of my house at 1something in the morning. I landed on my foot wrong trying to jump off of the bush under my sister's window. And now it's sore.

Of course, we were plan-less. We purchased energy drinks. We drove aimlessly for an hour, then landed on San Jose. We saw a peek of the night life. People gliding away the streets, laughing loud and living it up for the night. They looked like they were having fun, so I felt like I was having fun. Or at least, I hoped that I looked like I was having fun. Because it looked fun looking like I looked like I was having fun. It's just fun.

We kept driving around for a place for JB to eat, but 2 in the morning means places are closed. So we just drove and drove, and made U-turns and lefts and rights and straights and in and out of parking lots. No Ipod, just the shittiest radio stations with our desperate hope that a good song will play.

I think driving up to East Bay was my favorite. I always love driving up there, because JB takes me there. And I look out when we're high enough, and believe when I say, things are better at night. During the day, the view going up to East Bay looks gray, fake, and worn. But at night, when there are lights, and it's quiet, and no cars pass by... Then you HAVE to step out of the car. With your socks on, and your best friend beside.





We made a U-turn, and found some adrenaline rush. We rolled the sunroof, and stuck ourselves out as he cut down hill. JB accelerated, and we were like the rapids. You know when we talk about being infinite? Last night was one of those nights.

Our final stop were donuts, and that completed it for me.

The thought of home made me sad, and angry, and frustrated. And before I knew it, I was sneaking back in the front door, in the silence of the dark morning, and the slight disappointment that I didn't get caught.

Then I slept, making sure that I stain my pillows with the darkness from my eyes.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)