Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Patrick Bateman


"There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing."
-American Psycho

Watching this movie reminded me of reading The Seven Days of Peter Crumb. Aside from having their bloodlust in common, this film and the book have a similar mood and tone. I felt the same way. The same hair-raising monologues, in detail about the mundane and the insignificant but giving such eerie delivery. I really enjoy films and books like this. I like the gruesome and psychotic thrill. It's not like a scary movie kind of thrill. It's twisted.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)