Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Losing Track of Time

It is amazing how our simple and seemingly innocent meeting led us to where we are now. You were just the friend of a friend who kept waving and smiling at me when I walked through that door. You were just another guy.

But now I catch myself looking at you and thinking how you amaze me. Just looking at you captivates me. Your very presence takes a hold of my entire head and makes sense of all things I question. This is how I knew that you weren't just another guy. When even the thought of you can keep me from my own downfalls. You anchor me but you make my head swim. Being with you has changed me unequivocally and I can feel it in my bones. I can feel it when I'm trying to fall asleep at night and all I see when I close my eyes are all things that connect to you. My every day life consists of you. Even things that aren't meant to have any connection with you will find its way to you. Movies that I watch. Music that I listen to. Books that I read. Phrases. Quotes. Movements. Gestures. The smallest things always bring me to you. I think so highly of you with my utmost sincerity. I adore you, it consumes me. You have brought so much beauty in my life that I do not even know how I could show you how grateful I am. I do not even know if I can ever make you feel the same in return. But I try every day. And I have never been so determined to make someone so unbelievably happy.

You've changed me. I like myself when I'm with you. You are contagious. Your selflessness and kindness and thoughtfulness and patience and humor and happy disposition and sweetness are absorbed under my skin and my insides flutter because I can feel these tangible changes. You bring out all the good things about me. Actually, you bring out all the good things about people around you. God, how is it that you are this beautiful to me? It's agonizing to be near someone like you at all times. I look up to you. I admire you. I adore every single thing about you. The good things. The sweet things. The weird things. The bad things. The irritating things. The sad things. Even our darkest of days, I cherish them because they're with you.

I feel a lump in my throat and a swelling in my chest. I was going to make this a letter, as I always do. But I just want the world to know what you mean to me. I have to share and show off how amazing I find you. The world has to know.

And one day, you are going to be mine. I'm certain of it. It's you.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)