Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One of my oldest friends


I was only a silly 4th grader, wearing my multi-print dress and favorite sandals when I first walked through the halls of Azevada Elementary school. On my first day, I remember being lost. Where was my room? Where was Mr. Scarson's classroom? I approached some random guy, asked him with all the balls I had, and proceeded with the directions he'd given me. And to the farthest corner of the school was a portable. A group of students waited outside the door, and as I approached them, smiles and friendly energies welcomed me. Sarah was the first; big, gleaming eyes and the most comforting Hello of my life. And after her, the rest of the group approached me, said hello, asked me questions, and relentlessly gave me the most sincere smiles. They were the friendliest class. In fact, Azevada was the friendliest school..

To this day, Sarah doesn't forget me. She still gives me calls to have catch-up dates. I hope we keep in touch like this. It's comforting..

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)