Tuesday, September 28, 2010

And everything is going to the beat...

I stumbled upon my own promises. And for the first moment, I was reunited with the sweet taste of bliss. So I smiled to myself, and as I strolled down the aisle of my favorite store, I felt my eyes squint in satisfaction. The corners of my mouth pulled up right under my ears as I gathered the loose, colorful organs parading through the very narrow warmth of my system. There was a song on the loudspeaker playing appropriately quiet. And as he sang his upbeat and astonishingly potent pop song, I tried to pull away pieces of the universe from their places and shatter it all together with the acids of my stomach and let it fuel through my streams and jolt through my body.

Then, I stumbled upon relief, then denial, then relief. I climbed the levels of each universe like their wounds could dissipate to their fates and come back to me, clean of scars and sneers, to embed again in my memory the drive that pulled together the entirety of what I've familiarized to as my own universe. I felt each universe. Each setting, each smell, each atmosphere. And they were beating wild and fast--running, fleeting through my memories only to collect inside my cheeks, bubble up and burst, then down again to the acids of my stomach. They dissolve, like crystals of sugar serve their purpose. Then I stepped back, and held my breath.

Finally, I stumbled upon the arts of the way we are. The way we'll be. The very verb itself. To be. Being. I AM. I am... the promise of everything I will be. I am the soul to my body, and I am the memories I will keep. I am the words of my days and nights. The silence of the minutes in between all that is. And I am stumbling upon my own two feet. But my face will ever have to break my fall... the gravel, pebbles, and cracks on the asphalt will never be the end of me.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)