Sunday, October 4, 2009

Today I Thought About My Turning 18

And I got excited.

And I think about how much will really change in the house, and how much difference there will really be with the way my parents treat me. A part of me is convinced that they will be aware that I should be more free to do what I please. I'd paid my 18 years' dues, and it's time that they no longer tell me when to sleep, or restrict my outings with friends, which are always, no matter whom I am with, harmless and ...sober. Ha.

Then there's a part of me that thinks there will be no difference. That for as long as I live under this roof, I will have to abide by the rules that the rest of my siblings follow. That they'll just lecture me, or guilt trip me, or relentlessly STAY ON MY GRIND.

I'm a good kid. I can say that. I'm a lazy kid, but I am a good kid. Sometimes I think my parents don't give me enough credit, and I think that they've misunderstood the way I am. But then again, I don't really think they know much of who I am. And this will always make me sad.

Eleven more days, and after that, thirteen more days until the party is off my back. And I just can't wait for that.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)