Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Nothing Is As Boring As Other People's Dreams"

-John Green, Paper Towns.

And I intend on not talking about my dream, but it's kind of haunting me. It has been for approximately an hour and a half. In other words, when I woke up.

Maybe not haunting, but it's stuck in my head. And generally, I forget my dreams. I hardly remember them. Especially since I no longer have a dream catcher, I've been dreamless. And by dreamless I probably mean I just haven't remembered any.

I dreamt about you, and it scared me. Because we were supposed to be alone, but we weren't. And we were in your room, and it was bright, but it was supposed to be dark, and your eyes look exactly as I had remembered them. And I was almost certain that they had changed.

It went from good, to bad, to worse, to really bad, to relief, to confusion. I was disoriented almost the whole time. The things you said, the things I said. The things we did. And the way you cried as you said the things you said, and the way I stared at you astonished because I had never expected that, not even in my dreams. Because you would never.

And I was warm and sad, I remember I could feel the sadness on my face as I supported myself up with my elbows so I could see you. And I listened, and you were so sad. And I wanted to fix things but I didn't know what to say.

It was strange because you felt exactly the same. And I was beside you and felt exactly the same as it would have always been. But I knew things weren't the same. Because at the foot of the bed showed up Fox, and she reminded me of my life, and I wanted to go. And I didn't want to stay knowing we're wrong.

And it faded from there, and I woke up, and I felt sad, and I remembered you and you felt sad, and you felt the same, and smelled the same, and your eyes were the same, the same brown, but I left and I don't know what happened to you from there, but now I'm wondering why I'm remembering a dream that was of you, but I haven't remembered a dream of mine in months because your dream catcher went down, and I looked up as I laid thoughtful and certainly it wasn't there.

But like I left your room in my dream, I stood up and left mine to forget that I had a dream at all.

It's freezing.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)