Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jabe Says He Reads My Blogs Everyday

And it made me happy, so I'm going to dedicate a whole blog to him,

My best friend JB.

Last night he came over at 10something with Bucket. He was lacking in movies and food, and Fox and I were dying in my room. Sadly, we weren't just dying, we were slightly pitiful. The mood, the night, the music, it all just didn't fit right for a happy night. But once Jabe stepped through the front door, we were light again.

In the living room, he stood the way he always stands. He fit in my living room just right, like he fit being with us, because Jabe fits in with everyone. For an hour, we spent a quiet living room night not watching movies or eating unlike as planned. He told us about college, about Kris, about work, about his brothers, about the people that he despised. And we listened because he's so animated. And he always makes us laugh, always. Always.

And we all shared bits and pieces of ourselves.

I found that I can't be sad or mad around him. He is the lightest and what someone would describe as "chill". And that's why our first whole summer together, I refer to as Jawsh Summer, the Chill Summer. We can be serious with out being serious. It's his IDGAF self that blends well, but in reality he does care, well, with me at least I can feel that.

Last night he was asking himself why Kris had chosen him. What he had that [list fellas' names here] didn't have. And we never gave him a straight answer because the conversation branched out to him being a nerd, and the situations that in fact would prove him a nerd. But that led to other discussions about the unrelated.

I think... that they just found each other. I think that's how most couples are. You don't necessarily choose. When you've come to love someone, it's since they've found one another. And the negative things that we could say about ourselves won't matter so much because the other would love us the same anyway. And they love us with all the imperfections and flaws that we have.

JB is the best. And that's why he's my best friend. I'm always so proud of him, and he always cares about me. And I'm lucky enough for that because he doesn't care about too much. And he always surprises me. He'll tell me the best things at the most unpredictable moments, and they're rare enough and amazing enough that you could catch me sleeping with a creepy smile on my face.

He loves me like an Angie,

and it's perfect.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)