Friday, November 18, 2011

Gonzo

There's this girl. She's my girl. And she called me one night the very second before I reached unconsciousness, asked if I was home, then showed up at my door with an elephant nearly as big as me. A fat Pillow Chum (Pillow Pets' competitive brand) 5x the size of Guillermo. I first considered naming him Fap... But after spending two sleepy nights with it, I decided that Hunter Gonzo is the only name that can avail for such a large and lovely gift.

Influence of the name Hunter Gonzo:

Considering that I spent the first two nights with my pillow chum watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, I knew that it was the only way to go. I thought about blatantly naming him Hunter S. Thompson, the author of the book it's based on. It's strong and distinguished but it still didn't seem enough. I thought maybe just Hunter--BORE! Then maybe just Gonzo. Until finally I knew that Hunter Gonzo was the perfect blend of ridiculousness. And the name absolutely needed to be ridiculous. Hunter S. Thompson is known for his use of LSD and coke and Cannabis and other psychoactive recreational drugs. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is berry-filled with psychoactive trip scenes and outrageous ridiculousness that break all social norms with drugs, drugs, drugs. Good explanation.

I love this gift so much that I just spent an entire entry full of miscellaneous information regarding this pillow chum...

PS. I love you, Mikal.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)