Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bon Iver - Self-Titled album


I have already posted this, but now that it is a rainy summer, Bon Iver all of a sudden fits in with my summer. The instruments in this album are so strong. I love every song and the beauty it possesses. I never doubted if this album would disappoint me, just because I loved the first album so much that my expectations for the next one was beyond me. But hakuna matata, no disappointments.

I woke up today and immediately saw the sepia, cloudy gloom outside through the lines of my blinds and I knew it would rain. And I knew I'd play this album and I knew it would envelop me whole while it poured outside. I am sitting upright on my bed, my glasses making me think twice. It feels like they made this album specifically for me to listen to on this very day. Waking up hasn't been this perfect in quite some time but this album definitely perfects it. I feel as if I am obsessing over this album, but I cannot help it. This is beautiful. So beautiful that I want the rest of the world to know just how beautiful it is. If the rest of the world could even understand.

Right now, my life as I know it is at its prime. Thanks to this beautifully composed album.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)