Thursday, June 23, 2011

This gangsta



Mayer Hawthorne is the gangsta I listen to when it's hot as tits outside and I am cruising in my car, pushing up my falling sunglasses and singing along in falsetto to these fancy soulful songs. Motown. He reminds me of a more modern version of the songs my mom used to play when I was younger. Motown, Motown. Very 60's and 70's ballads. There's no way you wouldn't sing along. Jazzy soul.

The album reminds me of last Spring, that one really hot week. The week when we had the best days of the year, by far. When we first went to Sunol (I think). And Sea Bright, when I first fell in love with the beach. And when we first had those amazing Beg for Death days. It reminds me of coming home to Rae. Driving around with Rae. Eating meals with Rae and Jamey. It reminds me of warm kisses and satisfied sighs. Mmmmm.


ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)