Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Constant Desire to Do Nothing

I feel as if really want the simplest things.

I want to do nothing. I want to be in a house stacked-full of the best records anyone could ever own with music playing night and day. I could have a puppy. A cream little French Bull, or a pink little dwarf pot belly pig that I wash with strawberry body soap. I could have a nice kitchen. If you're going to have a nice room in the house, have a nice kitchen, we always say. I could cook meals there, prepare food there... with the music streaming in from the living room, or my room. The living room, of course, would just be a big couch and big TV with the most wonderful sound system. Pillows, pillows, pillows. Blankets, blankets, blankets. And my room... well, if I had anything to do with its interior design, my room will be as bare as possible. A huge bed, big bed. Cal King. Cal King on the floor...because I like it on the floor. 6 of the world's softest pillows. And a big, white, fluffy goose-feather comforter. The one that swishes like Tay's. Dark, wooden floors would contrast the big mattress and the white walls. That's it. Record player to the side of the bed, just as my room now. Except my room now is green. I wouldn't want green. Cream walls maybe even. What else, what else? OH, my, of course. A porch. A big, fat porch with a few of the world's most comfiest chairs. And the desire to do nothing would take most of its place there. With tea and the music still streaming in from which ever room. I could sit there all day. Maybe write, maybe take out some oil pastels. Maybe a little puppy would be nudging at my feet to play with him, or the little pot belly pig would be oinking next to me. I could look over at the small patch of flowers I planted. I'd pick them when they're at their loveliest and put them in a vase that my mom probably gave me as a present. (My mom has the best taste in these things after all). I'd center them on my precious dining table. I could do nothing all day. I want to do nothing all day. But before I could do nothing, I have to do something. I have to do everything I can until I can do nothing. Isn't that funny? Such a silly thought. But I'll do everything... just as long as I can do nothing.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)