Saturday, February 7, 2009

iPod on Shuffle

The good news is that I've just finished my geometry homework, and yes I did the complete assignment, oddly enough. It was a liberating feeling, like it's the first time I'd ever finished a math assignment. What a funny thought.

Tetris is my new friend. We are a two-headed, self-antagonizing function. I think the whole game is bettering my focusing skills, and my strategical and logical decision-making skills. Every time I make one minute mistake, one wrong square, one false finger movement, all the pieces lose place and intention. And one wrong goes on top of another and another. Then I repeat in my head, "You'll dig yourself out of this hole, you'll dig yourself out of this hole." Like it's some life-changing dilemma that requires me to gain my senses to scope through. And I prevail! For a second or two. Yeah I feel silly.

But now my iPod is messing with me or something. I put it on shuffle and it is playing strictly my most painful playlists. From summers to winters, bad days to vacations. Taking Back Sunday to AFI to The Strokes to Tegan and Sara to MCR to The Used to Paramore and every single other song in between that pins a needle in my little heart till the next song begins. It's telling me to reminisce or something, but I'm refusing. Aha, right now, I need bigger distractions.

Just felt like blogging.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)