Tuesday, October 22, 2013

unheard

If I were to lie with a song, I'd lie with Do I Wanna Know. I'd been getting stoned lately because I can't write drunk. Drunk gets me to abandon my thoughts. I haven't quite gotten it yet. But if I were to lie with a song, at this very moment, I'd lie with Do I Wanna Know.  Last night, I heard it unlike I have before. And I've listened to it enough times to think I'd beaten the greatness out of it. Last night, I listened to that song and let it seep into me like a fucking virus, in the most pathetic way possible. The whole time, I just kept thinking, it must be gory being at someone's disposal. It must be murderous to choose to be at someone's feet. Only moving if they move. Only speaking if they speak. The worst part of it is realizing that you are at their disposal. That everything you have been doing, planning, or saying had every bit of that person in mind. That's the song for me. A series of nearly in disbelief questions about how unrequited and how pitiful things have been, and finally realizing it. It's a confessional really (the entire album is). It takes the creativity and cleverness of their past work and presents itself in very big, bold letters. It's saying exactly what they intend on saying without getting too funny. Now through out the song, the composure sarcastically remains, even with all the embarrassing admissions. It's hopeless but smart and pissed off. At the end of it, the last few lines, he asks (with guts, with mockery and absolute cynicism), "Do you want me crawling back to you?" I lost my shit. I saw my life like I hadn't before and heard this song like I hadn't before.

It confesses.
It inquires. 
It realizes. 
It wants to say fuck you, but might possibly crawl back after all. 
I slap this shit every times it plays, without hesitation or exception. 

These are my embarrassing admissions in a song.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)