Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One day..


I woke up, got dressed, and drove to the park. Every decision I made that morning was the entirety of an impulse. I sat in my car, staring out, watching, listening from one album to the next. Born Ruffians to Modest Mouse to Animal Collective to The Smiths. Every moment I took a breath, my heart was filled to the very brim, and it welled over, and I felt a pang slash across me and all over me. And the absurdity of it was that I felt like crying. If I took one more simple breath, I would've been sputtering out tears.

There are days like this. Days that are beautiful enough that if you even took a moment to stop and acknowledge it, your heart will flip completely over and it makes you feel definite and new and wild and calm and significantly small but significant nonetheless. And you'll feel inexplicably and incomprehensibly happy. There are days like this. And just for that moment, you know everything there is to know about anything and you're utterly complete. Just for that moment.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)