Monday, October 11, 2010

And these pretty weather days...

I am always compelled to take walks outside by myself when the weather is pretty. And usually, I do. Like today, I just came back from walking to the mail box to drop off a letter. This is my favorite time to walk, the twilight. Just when the sun cools and the wind begins to whistle... mmm, that.

I love taking these walks by myself. I like the quiet it leaves me with. And I love going places myself, doing things by myself. Though I don't like telling someone that I do then receiving an appalled response. "WHY WOULD YOU WALK THERE BY YOURSELF?" I happen to like the solitude of my walks. And I never want to lose my constant desire to take walks..

I like keeping up with my own steps, or listening to the taps of my boots if I'm wearing them. I like passing by a mother taking walks with her kids, or a father strolling around with his son inside a cooler, exchanging laughter to one another as I put my two cents of smiles to them too (I witnessed this today). I like the sound of a car-less street. Just me, pavements, and my breathing. I like catching myself looking at the ground for too long, then forcing myself to look at my surroundings instead. I like still avoiding stepping on the lines on the sidewalk, no matter what measures. I like laughing at myself when I'm convinced that I cannot walk and might fall flat on my face while crossing a crosswalk and being embarrassed in front of drivers. I like not worrying about the destination, just taking my time, and taking in the day that I've made. These things keep me happy.

When was the last time you took a walk?

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)