Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oh Nadine /:


I returned home today and Blithe met me on the porch to tell me the bad news. Today, Nadine our goldfish, unfortunately died. We don't know how and we may never figure it out, but he's gone now. All of our initial concerns were towards Mama. We all knew that once she comes home from work and sees Nadine dead, she'd be torn.

Mama loves Nadine. She baby talks him and plays hide and seek and runs back and forth from the tank like he'd follow. And we always said, Mom should just get a puppy. She deserves one. Mom came home today at 8, same as every night she works, and Blithe broke her the news. She walked to the tank with such a devastated look on her face. She kept saying, "Oh no. No. Why.." And I almost couldn't take watching her pick him up with the saddest face in the world and then, I saw her pray.

Oh mama.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)