Sunday, September 27, 2009

Meetings

It's always so hot when we all swarm my living room. Breathing in each other's heat, chomping at each others' statements, and I am always playing with my temples, like that'd bribe away my accumulating frustrations.

But then I look over to you sitting there, squeezed by the fives of them, like a shy, shining child. The tiniest sardine among the largest ones in the can. It wasn't your scene, and it wasn't hers either. But I found the most encouragement from the tiniest wrinkle of your smiles that you toss my way. And my temples felt independent, and I was fine again, just for a second.

I found that your smile lines keep me so sane.

I hate to be so selfish, but I want your smile lines to remain just for me.

Goodnight.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)