Saturday, November 6, 2010

Habitacion en Roma

I haven't had the energy to update the slates of this 'ole thing. I have been preoccupied, and I've been doing pleasantly.
Rants? Ok.
  • Lately, every day when the sun is ready to set, and I'm driving around, listening to what is probably the best song, I look up at the sky. Straining, stretching, craning, and gazing up. And every day, every single day, I have to take one excessive inhale to digest what I'm looking at. Clouds streaked all across, whipped and stretched through, marbled skies and seeping colors. I can always feel the sudden widening of my eyes, the stretch of awe across my face, the excitement reeling me in from the center of my very core. And the fact that no one, absolutely no one responds to my reactions, makes me feel the entirety of my only echoing thoughts. And I can comment and comment and gasp and gleam, but why does no one else marvel at something undeniably beautiful and pure and livid and true? It's absolutely right in front of you. Maybe it just doesn't matter to everyone else as it does to me. I'll try and understand that.
  • I have always loved going anywhere by myself. I like going to the bookstore by myself, a cafe by myself, a furniture store by myself, a park by myself, any place by myself. And I take comfort in that form of solitude because I always thought that this way, I find the time to understand the thoughts that normally just zip through my mind. I find grace and patience and silence and ways to find peace with myself, with my surroundings, with the people around me, with my life altogether. I have time to think over my values, my beliefs, my morals, and I have time to give myself space to have an open mind. I learn ways of forgiving mistakes and the things I should let go, letting myself grow, progress, assess, and be as complete as I am with myself. Being alone isn't something to resent or be ashamed of. In some ways, it's a privilege to spend time with yourself. Because how often are you allowed to be completely and absolutely alone? Just your self and your thoughts. Our lives are bustling with people, always with people. They're unavoidable. I just think it's important to give yourself attention just as it is important to give other people your attention. Yourself needs your undivided and uninfluenced time and attention from yourself. It's just healthy.
  • We anticipate every Friday because it's the beginning of the weekend. We can stay out later, sleep in later, and do everything later. But I've noticed that on the weekends, by the time night time comes around, fatigue will hit me faster than it would on a general Tuesday night. On the weekdays, we wake up early in the morning, then we drowsily do what we must do, come home, but for some reason, once I get home, have eaten dinner, taken a shower, and rolled myself ready for bed, I won't be able to fall asleep until I have only 2 hours left to sleep. And so, I over sleep on weekends, and I lack in sleep on weekdays. Just like everyone else.
  • GOOD NIGHT.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)