Thursday, November 25, 2010

22 Hours

I have been awake for 22 straight hours. I'm sure I am exhausted but I cannot seem to fall asleep. Ace is snoring on my bed. Rae is snoring in my phone. And everyone else in the world is snoring. I can already feel it. I am going to sleep through Thanksgiving. This family didn't much believe in Thanksgiving celebrations anyway. Though we've got a turkey. Turk a durk.

  • Tonight, after everyone fell asleep, Jordan and I sat on my dining table till 3 in the morning and talked and talked. It all began with religion. The glamorous Last Supper hanging on my wall has always been so controversial. We discussed religion, history, conspiracy theories, and just how fond we were of history. That led us to our current statuses on being recent high school graduates (finding oneself, making decisions, all that dandy stuff). That led us to fears. And discussing fears made me question everything about anything. "What do we really have to fear?" I don't know why, but as he said this, it startled me deeply. I found myself thinking of the things I was scared of, and why exactly. I drew blanks. All blanks. Then we discussed his Psychology instructor bashing Kurt Cobain and the suicide boy who wrote Nirvana lyrics before his death. When ironically, we glorify the story of Romeo and Juliet, the grandfather of all suicide stories. Then I shared with him my personal disinterest in Romeo and Juliet as he explained to me the certain aspect that he liked about it. He said that their story portrayed two characters who displayed how intrinsic love is. At their young age, they attempted to go about their love as if they were adults. And our conversations stretched and dragged on, and then I realized just how amazing Jordan is. His perspectives are different, and he's open-minded, and he sheds new light to me every time we discuss something. He's so very intelligent, and pensive, and what an intellect. He seems to always know what he's talking about, which further eases my conversations with him.
  • The best conversations I have with people lately are on my dining table until 3am.
  • I'm tired now. Officially 23 hours of being awake. I can actually feel the hunger that usually means I need breakfast. But perhaps I should sleep now.
  • Bugger.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)