Thursday, November 27, 2008

Twenty-Six

Words Get in the Way

"Your temperamental moody side
The one you always try to hide from me"

Robitussin -
I should've spiked your meal.
-
I am the worst prick on the face of today; for you at least.
I'm sorry...

I knew it was only a matter of time that you meet with my silence. The aggravating way I can't look at you even as you pull my face to yours. The way you ask in your gentlest patient voice, and I knew you were struggling...
But I unleashed my silence regardless. The long, inconsiderate concept of why I can't say anything. Why words, for someone of my mentality, won't let you in. Why I just want to bury myself to you because I know someone finally wants me. But I push away. Slow and uneasy.

And I knew you'd walk right out that door. The hushed slam that you left behind as you disappeared outside, as you try not to hurt me so much.
I found tears breaking themselves from me once I was alone, but I didn't let them break either...

What I hadn't expected was that you'd come back. Tear-stained as we tend to be in this house, you fight a smile, and you're soaked from the rain...

And I know I have to fix myself.

I am the worst prick on the face of today; for you at least.
I'm sorry...
_

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)