Thursday, October 23, 2008

The "P" Word

Enough to Get Away

"I'm just an echo of the song going through my head"

I'm only good at pretending to be brilliant. I watch lives that lived and live and will be lived but I can't even reach my own channel.

The circumference of this circle is twice as far as the last and next one. And I'm only worrying about the most mundane I can think of, nothing beneath the surface. Only if, I wouldn't worry about what to wear the next day. I wouldn't bother trying to feed the hunger that embarrasses me more than I want it fed. I wouldn't change the only facial expression I've known but never even seen. I wouldn't worry about how to wear a homecoming dress for the homecoming that I don't even plan on staying for. I just wanted to get away for the night, maybe take you with me.

I'll just wash myself away where my bones and limbs can rest. Where I'll drink as much water as I want. Where I'll feed on stealing someone else's life and pretend I'm living one. Where it's always nightandday on the same hour. And the name of the narrator of this story begins with the letter...

I am a self-absorbed wreck.
_

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)