Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Opposite of a Trooper; Tuesday Mornings

I was red and bashful and you were willing and bold. You sangs songs I knew and read books I've read and turned to the same channels and laughed at the same things. I screamed seven spectacular soaring songs and we kept alive, breathing in a humid smell of rain under pillows and heavy breathing. Some things are never enough.

I caught it, stretched out through the window, and hoped I never had to see you again. My grin touched my left ear to my right ear. I always thought you liked that about me. Months worth of mindless misery and cushioned couches for the indicative injuries you inflicted in an igloo of your frozen apathy.

Be careful, the spotlight might burn through your scalp and open up a spider-infested skull. Now you can fuck a haircut, but how do you sleep at night? Good night my fucking precious.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)