Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Best of the Worst and the Worst of the Best

BFD, what can I say?

It was a day founded by anxiety and excitement and the chillest ecstasy. Since Makalaya couldn't make it due to the thievery of a throat illess, she gave me her extra ticket and I'd decided to ask D to accompany my sister, Tay & company, and me to the show.

The best...



For 10 hours, we were surrounded by weed, drunks, fights, half-nakey people, and some gooood music. My sister really favored watching Taking Back Sunday. Listening to them was a little overwhelming. They sounded like 3 different summers, playing a medley of songs from 3 different albums. Aha, her and D had their first ever experience with some elbows! D said that he would've joined in the mosh pit but he was afraid that he'd take it too personally with his temper, and might just go off on someone. I, on the other hand, just sang along the songs I knew by heart, at the top of my lungs! I felt so good.


Yeah Yeah Yeah's was our last performance to watch. It would've been too late to stay till the end. Actually, we had the worst place to see them be so phenomenal. Karen O was like a tiny, little ant from where we were watching. But we heard her. And I just soaked it in. I let myself, drenched in her voice.

-
Tay came home around 12, with her [I think] veggie burger from Burger King, as always. We were drained. And Taylor and I...do not fit on my bed. We were like two fetuses, and my neck hurts.
-
And for the worst part...

All I can remember is the scream fest we had. All I can remember is you, pulling your hair in frustration. All I can remember is that I knew it had gotten so bloody bad, but it would be over soon, eventually. But so far, it's been a quiet Sunday.

This day...


PS. I missed Makayla.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)