Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I am sadder than I will ever really admit



The "speeches" that were meant to be made at the party gave no justice to what I really wanted to say. But I'm sure that goes for everyone as well. It's just... we are all still in disbelief or denial that Fernan will really be leaving. 2 years without Fernan seems unbelievable to us.

What I really wanted to say was that I have found inspiration from Fernan the 5 years that I have known him. Of all the guy friends that I have ever had, Fernan was always the best person to look up to. Like I said to him before, it's unsaid that he is my best friend. He's helped me throughout the darkest days just by letting me see things I couldn't see myself. He always showed me new light into the different aspects of life. And I can never help but find conviction in all the things he believes in too. And honestly, had there been anyone who affected and influenced my state of mind at best, it was Fernan. He taught me to go after the things that I want and never settle for what doesn't feel enough. He taught me to prove the world wrong and to make people eat words of doubt. He taught me compassion. He taught me to be understanding, to be patient, to be kind, to be open-minded. I am filled with such admiration for the man Fernan has become. I am proud of him, and I think I always will be.

I'm sad that he's leaving. But I'm anticipating the great things he'll do with his life. Knowing him, we'll see each other again in 2 years and it'll be as if nothing has changed. Just some new memories and new numbers and new clothing and new age. Fernan and I have gotten passed sad break ups with our exes, the innocence of our friendship, the awkwardness of dating, and back to the normality that is our friendship. We've had eventful but memorable boring days, stories that could make your mother scream, stories that could make your mother laugh in hysterics, stories that could make your mother's teeth chatter. We've had Angie Sundays, midnight adventures, gay as Liberace with the boys, and all other mischief. I'll miss him. It honestly will be different seeing the guys without him. He always seemed like a glue that held everyone together because of his willingness for all of us to be together.

I'll miss him. But he's out to do bigger and greater things, and I wish him the best of luck.

PS. See you in 2 years.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)