Wednesday, June 4, 2014

overly-emotional friends

i got yelled at for fuck's sake.

at this time of my life, i value my privacy and solitude above everything else. i not only value it, i relish. i scurry over to myself and am pleased about not having to be responsible for anyone or anyone else's feelings. i am, essentially, free (fearful, but free). i haven't necessarily burnt bridges as i no longer go out of my way to cross some. there are a multitude of bridges that i now can no longer even remember the sight of. (when did bridges become to metaphor for human connection?) 

i got yelled at for fuck's sake. 

you can never ask of anyone to break their own back for you. 

you can never ask of anyone to break their own back for you. 

i used to repeat saying this to myself whenever my precious little feelings would get hurt because of something or someone i can't control. you cannot control anybody but yourself, and even that can be taxing. 

i got yelled at, so i yelled back. 

not everyone is worth following to the end of the world. surely, you must know that. 

i got yelled at, without even bothering to put my car on park. 

so i yelled back, breathing evenly as i drove away. 

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)