Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Panic Routine

In the mornings I wake up an hour later than I plan for myself. Always late, always shaking, always pissed. I decline Ma's offer for breakfast. I rush to pull up my pants ten minutes before class starts, then I hurry out the door trying not to poke my eyes out with my sunglasses. If I'm lucky I'll have enough time to light a smoke while winding through the slow drivers. My legs will begin to shake on the gas pedal. I'll turn up my music to shout along and forget about the shakes. But it never works. By the time I find a parking spot, all my shit would be scattered all over my car floor. I gather them with the last drag of my smoke still between my lips, then stomp to class just before they do roll. I turn away from my instructors so I can unscrew the stud out of my lip because I forget to unscrew it at home. I put on my glasses. I cross my legs. I tap my extremities. Then my eight hours drag on.

Every day. This is me now. Every day.

After my eight hours in class fighting the sleepy bobhead and saying sarcastic shithead things to people, I come home to eat the nearest food item then open up my books to study hundreds of medical terms that I'll be tested on the next day. Dinner at 8. Lights out at 2. Try to find sleep for an hour. Then 3 hours later, my alarm goes off.

Snooze, repeat.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)