Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dream Big

I'm going to settle for a job that makes enough money to support me with my writing. I will ultimately be a writer whether it kills me or not. I don't care if I end up forever freelancing shit or picking up odd jobs, as long as I get to continue writing. I've been dreaming more lately, which means that I've been writing more lately. I have a handful of short stories that I may or may not share with my audience of choice and a handful of unfinished stories that I just have not yet developed. I recently (kind of recently) started a book for Mikal. I'm filling it with stories from when I first met her till the book is no longer blank. She's my favorite audience so I thought I'd make it easy for myself to write to her. It'd keep me consistent, and that's all I really need right now. Besides, when it's filled, it'll be the best present I have ever made for anyone.

Also, if I want to be a writer, I can't be secretive about my work. Although I do prefer that I write in secrecy...because I love secrets...SECRETS. Actually, I just started sharing my secret writing to Mak because well, if I was going to share my secret shit with anyone, it's going to be Mak. But sharing with her comes with some pretty perks. She tells me, "If you don't do something with your writing, I'm going to forever live in despair." She didn't tell me those exact words but I'm sure that's something accurate... She motivates me. In her own unusual way. 

Little dreams.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)