Sunday, February 19, 2012

Prayers For Sleep

I knew something was wrong once the car door pulled open and I felt It's hands grab me out by my ankle while the meter sped at a hundred. I exited like a pinball, dragged on my side down the sharpened road. I looked up and saw the car disappear into the darkness and I cursed it all till my voice cracked to the dry hoarseness of silence. It dragged me till the skin on my sides were smeared down the road like It wanted to create a new traffic line out of me. It's face smirked one-sidedly. It's horns curled at the tips. It's nails dug into me with the passion of a beastly dog chasing a car. It had charred, fleshy skin that dripped black and red at It's every crevice. I looked down at my side and saw me bleeding and burning like a charcoal. I was fleshy and dripping black and red. At the sight of my injuries, my heart stopped its beating. My body limped into submission, and I knew what was next. It stopped, It unclenched It's grip on me, and It flipped me onto my other side. The feeling of air on my dragged side burned and I recognized what I was looking like. I looked at It right in the eyes and saw the helplessness of an unstoppable and vehement desire. Then the inexplicable rupture of empathy calmed my entire body. I laid still on my unburned and un-dragged side. So still that I felt the discontinuation of my heart beat turn my insides to stone. Unmoving and compliant, the beast began to drag me again. And in the matter of a few moments, I knew I'd be as charred and as hungrily empty as the fleshy beast that pulled me out of that speeding car.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)