Monday, October 24, 2011

Foreign Game of Cricket

After Andro's most aesthetically commendable blunt, we played a friendly game of Butt's Up next to another group playing a friendly game of cricket. Our friendly game seemed less interesting next to the cricket players, so we sooner sat on the bleachers and watched this incredibly foreign game. I couldn't recall much except for the fact that I couldn't connect how the game worked and the fact that the way they spoke made my head spin. I wasn't quite sure what language they spoke. I have no familiarity when it comes to Middle Eastern languages, but my ears fed off the energy of their words. They were jeering and cheering and rolling every word in a way I didn't even imagine possible. And in this place I reside in, I am surrounded by all things foreign, granted that this night will spark me nothing more than it already had. But this night proved different. Maybe it was the bright white lights contrasting against the crisp night. Maybe it was my undivided attention channeled toward the cricket game instead of my usual routinely brooding and self-deprecating smoke of thoughts. I was weightless, and I thought about nothing. And this should come to me with a sense of calmness and contentment but that very moment that I realized that I was free of all my drudgery, all I wanted was to crawl back to the solitude of my quietly distant disposition.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)