Sunday, December 3, 2017

Disengaged


I stop by and I peer in, but I never say anything. I haven't in a while, and I haven't tried for even longer. I've made it clear to myself that this space isn't for the voice I have now. But there are certain things I hold on to. Certain things I can't completely look away from. It might always be that way. But I'm giving myself credit for acknowledging. 

It's a quiet Sunday. Almost all my Sundays are quiet. Anna leaves for the day to go to church and spend time with her family. I stay home and hang out with the boys; Rover, Arlo, and sometimes Sarah. I stay in bed a lot. I watch movies that I've missed. I read articles I've been holding off. This Sunday has been no different. I've lined up my to-do list in my head, and the first thing on that list is put off getting started on my to-do list. My laundry is waiting. A shower is waiting. I've only gone downstairs to grab an awful lunch. I'm playin' games with a box of Ferrero Rocher that I coulda sworn I brought up here to use as stand for...I can't recall. I've had 3. I've had 3 more. Half the box is gone. I coulda sworn I don't like chocolate. But half the box is gone. 

My brother has been sleeping on my couch for several weeks now. He's slappin' his music through the new sound system that Xavier and I agreed to go splitsies on. I never paid my half. Splitsies just means he got it this time with the senseless purchases and I'll get the next. Splitsies is a functional system that contributes solely on the whims of our extravagant and self-indulgent consumption (which is most of them). I think Blithe might have a good taste in music. But I can't tell because I don't listen to music. Anymore. In fact, I've been trying to play something from my iPod just so I could be listening to something...but it's several feet too far away for me to care and the old iPod on my side table drawer is dead and ancient. The only sounds in my bedroom are the ticks of a clock I stole from work, a cawing out my window, and my brother's potentially good music taste permeating through the cracks of my door. 

It's a quiet Sunday. 

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)