Wednesday, July 6, 2016

jerome david

every time i come across the term "guilty pleasure," i end up thinking about reality television circa 2006 and jd salinger. 

i find myself craving to watch laguna beach or the hills, or anything of the like. i always search for it on netflix or hulu or even amazon prime. i don't know why, it's comforting to watch for me. 

whenever i need my words to manifest, i think about salinger. or re-read salinger. i take myself back to when i first read him. how i hated reading him. how irritated ctchr n th ry made me. but then i remember when i ran into him one day. blindsided and disconcerted. then i binged on him. i immersed myself in the entirety of his bibliography. 

i'm cleaning out my bedroom again. this always happens when i find myself unemployed after my 6 month itches. and the itch always comes, like fucking clockwork. the longest i stay employed for was working with matthew and justin. and that's only because i fell in love with the boys. they were my best friends. i don't know where i'll be next... but my closet is emptier than ever and my notebooks are stacked inside a box. i'm looking to a stack a new one. this past year, however, has been the most quiet my stack has ever been. closet emptier, contacts even shorter. 

standing desks are kind of great. maybe it's because my bloodflow is better and maybe my circulation has been shit when i'm immovable. but i'm standing now as i type, and i've never felt better. my teeth and tongue thick with coffee and sugar. i've skipped the past two meals. the wind is blowing down my blinds and my pups keep looking up at me asking for a treat. i have lightened my load. 

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)