Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Boot Camp

I can't help it. This Marines thing is really bringing me down. It makes me so sad, and so scared, and I already miss him so much.

The night of my party, his speech was the only speech that made me cry. If I didn't have the ten pound bouquet covering my face half of the time to stop the water works, I would've been a wreck dead on. My mouth became heavy at the corners, my eyes started to sting, and my heart started sinking. It always hits me. At random times even.

I can't help it. He's my best friend. He's the only that's ever really, consistently been easy, or...made things easier for me. He's my source of ease and security. I can't imagine being so down as long as I know he's my best friend. But knowing he's leaving, it's really killing me. And I have a hard time expressing that to him, because I don't know if I'm supposed to.

All I can do is support him, and hope that things will always be alright, and that he comes home whole every single time. I just don't want anything bad to happen. And I know he's a big boy, and he can take care of himself, I know that. It's just... I don't know, I can't even bring myself to say it.

Summer is far from now. Winter isn't even here yet. But every day is another day closer to that fateful day. And every day my heart breaks a little bit more.

I hate falling asleep thinking of this.

ARCHIVE, FUCKERS (for Ace-like purposes)